Monday, September 8, 2014

Just for Fun...

Hi-ho, happy Monday! Today's card was made just for fun...a mix of some newly-found older supplies, with a new doily die, some chipboard and flowers...and a take-it-as-it-comes attitude while it all came together. :)

A while back, I found a baggie with some faux "wood planks" that I made up last year...pieces of chipboard cut and coated with paint, crackle medium, ink, and treated to lots of distressing. I used one small piece of it on a watercolor card a few weeks ago, stamping the sentiment onto it. Today, I pulled more of those planks from the baggie to form a background for the card...only this time, I added some splatters from a couple different colored paint pens to further distress the pieces...



The largest flower in the cluster is the rose made using the Spellbinders Rose Creation dies...





and up the side, a flower stem filled with mulit-colored flowers and yellow leaves...the aqua leaves were die-cut and threaded into the stem to add more of the blue accents...




The chipboard window was coated with white paint, then some crackle medium, and finally a couple different colored inks to accentuate the crackles...




Here's a closeup of the faux wood strips...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   My Minds Eye "Sky's the Limit"
Chipboard window:   Maya Road
Dies:   Prima Doily #2 Pineapple;   Spellbinders Rose Creations;   Poppy Stamps Massa Leaf Background
Floral stem, small flowers:   Prima            Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:  white hemp twine


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!




4 comments:

  1. This card is stunning, so many details.. love the wood and the window and your rose is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so, so beautiful Kathy! Your "wood chips" are brilliant (must give them a go) and the whole design is just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing feminine and layered card this is!! And tour rose is beautiful! I love it all!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The faux wood planks are awesome! Another thing I'll have to try. This is a gorgeous card....really they all are. I'll have to think of different things to say as I browse...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...