Monday, January 27, 2014

Heartfelt Wishes...

Happy Monday, everyone! I'm starting off the week with a shabby layered and feminine birthday card to share with you. I'm in the midst of another "reorg" of my workroom...loosely translated, that means this room is a total mess! LOL I have a few more cards already made to share with you here in the next week or two, and that's my inspiration to get this reorg project finished before I run out of new projects...wish me luck!

Months ago my talented husband made and installed some 18" deep cabinets and shelves along two walls of my room, that make a big difference getting the clutter off the tops of my work surfaces and large storage cabinet (that he also built!). Supplies that I use often are just a reach away, organized in pretty baskets and boxes within the two sections that are open shelves...and those that can't be made to look pretty, or are dust and/or light sensitive, are behind doors in the two closed cabinets.

All that was left was to pull everything else below them out and redo the "lower" portion of the room, by changing the layout of the work surfaces and building more lower storage. Life and holidays got in the way, and that hasn't happened yet, and instead of becoming more organized, slowly but surely I have another group of clutter to purge and rework storage for. Funny how that happens. :)

I purchased some spray paint to recolor some of my desktop storage, and you can guess what that means. Yep, for a couple days all those bottles of acrylic paint from the paint carousels, and tiny plastic drawers with doo-dads in them, and contents of the metal buckets, will be scattered all over the room while the storage containers dry. That's when I decided it's time to get serious and reorganize things again. Since there's no more room in the closet, and no more room in the new upper cabinets, a big purge-and-donate project is about to begin!

In the meantime, here's a cute little birthday card to liven up this little Korner of the Web...



I used a piece of lace to resemble a "trellis" up the side of the card, and then added bunches of coral roses. The large label across the front was die cut from medium chipboard, then painted with both Viva Precious Metal Effects paint and a lighter Lumiere Pearl paint, then white craft paint was dry-brushed around the edges...







A Tim Holtz memo pin was shabbied with acrylic paint, and pearls and sparkly spacers were added before the sentiment tag was slipped in...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Graphic 45 Couture collection
Dies:   Tim Holtz Styled Labels;   My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Punch:   Martha Stewart Medium Branch           Sentiment stamp:   Hero Arts
Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts           Pearls:   Recollections          Lace:   local craft store
Miscellaneous:   Tim Holtz memo pin, white hemp cording, Viva Precious Metal Effects paint (turquoise);
Lumiere Pearl paint (turquoise), cream acrylic craft paint


And lastly, a very fun little P.S. for you from Lili of the Valley



Lili of the Valley is running a great promo deal until noon on Friday, January 31 (that's British time), or while supplies last. When you purchase any two (2) A5 stamp sets, you'll get this great Love Sentiments stamp set *free!* There's still time to use this adorable set for Valentine's Day this year (and I have plans to use it soon for an anniversary card).


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!





5 comments:

  1. All the best with re-organizing your craft space, I did that a couple of weeks ago when I got a new table.. Beautiful card, I love those colors, they are so warm and friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card with beautiful colors n layering !! All the bEst with re-org !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Kathy - love the colours and pretty elements. Hope you get your storage sorted soon. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...