Monday, December 9, 2013

Celebrate the Season...

Happy Monday, all! I'm on a race against time this year (are you, too?). I'm woefully behind getting my Christmas cards made, and I'm afraid I won't be able to send out as many as I had hoped. But I keep plugging away. If you were visiting last year around this time, you know that I don't make my holiday cards in big batches, but two or three, at the most, of the same design. I enjoy the process this way, since I tend to get bored halfway through a large assembly-line process, but it does make progress slower. LOL

Here's the latest design completed. This was one of those designs that just "happened" while I was pushing papers and the tag and the doily around to decide on the main shape and size. When I finally decided where I wanted them, the embellishments, thankfully, seemed to come to mind easily. I had already die cut a few of the large open hearts, so I glittered them up, then got the idea to add a smaller premade heart inside it - which was also painted, inked, and glittered up. All that was left was to add some Christmas-themed florals, and a little sentiment tag, and it was done - well, after even more glittering, I should admit...





The burgundy flowers are technically "lilies"...so I've now christened them "Christmas lilies"...and Christmas lilies must have a light coating of snowy-looking glitter, right?...




The die cut snowflake was first lightly coated with Stampendous Frantage Shaved Ice, which is large mica-like flakes in clear and pink. I filled that in with clear coarse glitter to cover the whole snowflake...




And finally, the die cut pine branches were coated with Glistening Snow-Tex...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   My Minds Eye Lost & Found/Christmas collection
Text rub-ons:   Tim Holtz Christmastime
Dies:   Stampin' Up! Northern Frost (snowflake-retired);   Xyron Shapeabilities/Heart (large heart);
Impression Obsession Pine Branch;   Sizzix Sizzlits Crescent Tag
Small chipboard heart:   Maya Road          Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Heart stick pin:   Maya Road
Gold pearl:   Queen & Co.          Glitters:   Stampendous Frantage Shaved Ice;   clear coarse glitter;   Glistening Snow-Tex
Miscellaneous:   Wilton doily, Hug snug seam binding


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!


8 comments:

  1. This card is stunning! love the glittery flowers!! and yes the race against time is on... (I think time is winning...hehe!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just gorgeous Kathy! I love the "Christmas lilies", and the snowy pine branches are just lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, brilliant creation, love the colours hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, beautifully composed and gorgeous colours.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card Kathy. Beautiful designed. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one beautiful card, Kathy! So many pretty elements and layers and I love the shimmer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...