Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Christmas? Why Not?...

Today's card didn't start out by design to be a Christmas card. I was pulling embellishments to add to the front of a card with a tan and black color scheme going, and the first item I pulled was a bright red rose. Then I pulled out the baggie of die cut leafy branches, and when I set the dark green branches next to the red rose, a Christmas card was born...




The largest rose is crafted using Spellbinders' Rose Creations dies (by now you've probably realized I have a definite "addiction" to this die set, right?)...





The dark green leafy branches were dry-brushed with white acrylic paint for a wintery accent, and the pearl, silver, and red glass stick pin was placed to look like the branch the leaves rest upon...






I cut apart a larger acrylic sentiment stamp to get just the "Merry Christmas" part, and shaped it on my acrylic block so it would stamp around the edge of the doily piece...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Basic Grey Basics Manila collection;   Colorbok (dot)
Dies:   Spellbinders Rose Creations;   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves;   Impression Obsession Bare Branch;   
Memory Box Woven Circle
Stencil:   Tim Holtz Splatters          Small flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Pearls:   Recollections
Sentiment stamp:   Inkadinkado          Handcrafted stick pin
Miscellaneous:   cheesecloth, burlap



Thanks so much for visiting today!




4 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Kathy - love the colours of the flowers. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So beautiful Kathy! You are amazing with these types of cards!!!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous card Cathy ! I loved the bright red n green combo on cream base !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...