Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Miss You...

I'm changing up my posting days this week, so instead of wishing you a happy Monday, it's "Happy Tuesday!"  Today's card is straying a bit from the soft, feminine colors of late to the strong, bold shades of navy and yellow, mixed with a bit of soft blue.  It's a combo I haven't used for a while, and I wanted to play with something a little bit different.

In addition, last month there was a fun sketch challenge here, at Passion Cartes Creatives, that I had hoped to participate in, but life got in the way and I wasn't able to get it started in time. So I filed it away for later use, and brought it out when I made this card...



Here's Sandrine's sketch that it's based on...





I couldn't resist adding in two lilac blossoms among all the blue and creamy yellow flowers...just a pop of the unexpected to make you really take notice...LOL




And so happy I finally had the perfect card to use the dark blue rosebuds that I've had in my stash for so long now...




The distressed chickenwire pattern on the yellow oval background was made using modeling paste applied in a light and random manner using a template...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Glitz Vintage Blue collection,  Glitz Pretty in Pink collection (music print)
Dies:   Memory Box Tiffany Frame;   Spellbinders Opulent Ovals,   Classic Scalloped Ovals Small,   Classic Ovals Small;
Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Template:   The Crafters Workshop Mini Chickenwire Reversed 6x6 template
Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com          Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts & local craft stores          Pearls:   Recollections
Sentiment stamp:   Papertrey Ink            Miscellaneous:  modeling paste



Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week started with a smile!



6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and thanks for the sketch also, I was wanting something different and this is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning beautiful! I really love the colors you used, which could have been dark and bold but are softened by the yellow, the modeling paste and the flowers. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow another gorgeous card.. I love the darker blue it really makes the other colors pop!! and love those flowers too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card !!! http://www.passion-cartes-creatives-magazine.com/archives/2013/06/19/27402070.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOSH Kathy!!! This is incredibly GORGEOUS! I so love your work and your style!! It makes me swoon! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...