Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Thank You for Being My Friend...

After working a lot with pale and soft colors, it was time for a little change-up, so I pulled a piece of bold purple and white polka dot paper from my stash, and set to work finding something to work with it.

In the end, I went with bright white and a print with shades of green and lilac and pink...here's the end result...





I embellished a Tim Holtz memo pin with a jeweled spacer, white pearl, and gold spacer, and added the little sentiment tag...





A strip of pearls across the top of the lace and more mini pearls along the stems of the leafy branches...




A peek at the inside...

Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Prima/IOD Coquette (purple dot);  Basic Grey Kioshi collection (floral)
Dies:   Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders One, Opulent Ovals, Classic Ovals Large;   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Crocheted lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com          Pearls:   Recollections          Tim Holtz Memo Pin (embellished)
Roses:   The Paper Studio (white);  Wild Orchid Crafts (purple)


Thanks for stopping by for a visit...I hope your week is going well!


3 comments:

  1. Wow I love purple and this is stunning, love the scallopy edges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and I LOVE your treatment of Tim's trinket pin..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...