Friday, March 15, 2013

Many Thanks...

I love patterned papers. When new lines come out, I still want to purchase my new favorites...mostly in the 6x6 pad format, since I prefer the smaller sized patterns for cards. As you might imagine, this means after a few years of doing this, I've built up a "pleasing" supply of paper pads at my disposal. :) Every now and then, I intentionally go through the pads to find older lines that I still love but haven't used in a while, and make up projects with them. Today's card uses an older line from Pink Paislee that's still a favorite...



There it is again...one of my favorite shabby fabric roses, with clusters of paper roses and leaves on top. By the time I was finished with the lacy edges on the papers and the wide crocheted lace across the front, flowers seemed to be the only embellishment that fit with the rest of the design...




I liked the way the cardstock flourishes looked...but the dark brown on its own was too stark...and the aqua on its own was too pale...but the aqua offset over the brown gave exactly the effect I wanted.  I added a few brown pearls over the flourish to balance the pearls at the top...




And a peek at the inside...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Pink Paislee Queen Bee collection
Sentiment Stamps:  Paper Sweeties ("Many Thanks");  Hero Arts ("You always know...")
Dies:  Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork;  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves      Edge Punch:  Martha Stewart Doily Lace
Shabby fabric flower:  Frogfeathers on Etsy      Paper roses:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls:  Prima      Tim Holtz Memo Pin     Crocheted lace, small fabric flower:  local craft stores


Thanks for stopping by for a visit...I hope you have a great weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Kathy this looks gorgeous and I never would have known these are older range of papers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...