Monday, November 19, 2012

Shadowbox Card...Take Two...

A couple weeks ago, I posted a shadowbox front card, with links to a video by another talented cardmaker, Olga,  and some step-by-step instructions.  I had so much fun making the first one, I also made one for an upcoming baby shower, and one for my husband's birthday!  I can't post the baby card yet (the shower's not for a couple more weeks) but I can show you how well the design lends itself to a masculine card, too.

A little change to the aperture (cutout) shape on the front, along with more masculine colors, heavier and more rustic-toned embellishments, some dry embossing and light sanding for texture on the solid-colored background paper, and here's how it turned out...


Instead of my usual flower cluster, I made up a cluster of leafy branches, rust-colored leaves, brown-toned buttons, and dark grey pearls...


Some more small branches in the upper left corner, with larger dark grey pearls...


And rather than using all gems on the "swags," I used punched circles from dark brown cardstock along with a few chocolate-colored clear gems for just a hint of sparkle...


And here's a vew from the side...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus      Embossing folder: Sizzix "Diamond"
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 22; Sizzix Flowers Branches and Leaves; My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Bookplate and "wish" ticket: Tim Holtz idea-ology      Chocolate clear gems & grey pearls: Creative Imaginations
Miscellaneous: buttons, twine, crochet thread, white acrylic paint


Thanks so much for visiting today!  I'll be taking a short break from blogging until next week...the Thanksgiving holiday has my calendar filled with "to-do's" and fun times. Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful week and a joy-filled Thanksgiving holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!
    Now I will have to race through my Christmas cards so i can make this next!! teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the texture background and all details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one stunning shadowbox front card! It is perfect for a guy! Love that metal framed plate with ticket! Super rustic embellishments, leafy branches and buttons, too! Truly a gorgeous card! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...