Thursday, November 8, 2012

And So It Begins...

...the crafter's countdown to Christmas, that is! I finally got a small start on Christmas cards over the weekend.  I usually make and mail between 50-60 cards each year, each style in quantities of 2-3, with slight changes to each of those, so that no two people get exactly the same card.  I'm not sure this year I'll be able to get that many made and sent, but at least a start has been made. (I'm one of those crafters who just can't get enthused about making Christmas cards when it's still summer weather outside, but when the weather cools a bit, away I go!)

A couple Victorian Santa images were in the Christmas supply box, left from last year's projects, so I used them on the first two cards of this year.  Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 seemed like a fun card base shape to try...mixing the formal with the shabby...and a little bit of funky texture added to the mix - the results are two very eclectic holiday cards.



 I added just a few light touches of clear glitter to the images...the white fur areas on Santa's suit...and a shabby dusting of white paint dry-brushed around the edges...



I used a couple handmade jewelled stick pins, but this time, added the clusters of pearls at the centers of the bows in a way that it appears they're part of the stick pin jewels...


and lastly, a peek at the insides...

Supplies:
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 8 and Decorative Labels 8      Patterned paper: Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas collection
Embossing folders: Cuttlebug Polka Dots and Distressed Stripes      White burlap & crocheted lace: TheFunkieJunkie.com
Pearls: Recollections      Hug Snug seam binding      Handcrafted stick pins


Thanks for visiting today...I'll be back on Monday with a new "non-card" project.  Until then, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards. I love those vintage images!

    I am off to America tomorrow to shop...So excited as you have so much more for so much less than in Canada. I have some coupons to spend for crafty things...so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are really lovely... and my goodness... 50 to 60 christmas cards... wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful! Love those vintage Santa images!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Those vintage santa images are just
    so so CUTE! Love the ribbon treatment and beautiful pins, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so lovely! Love the vintage imagery too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...