Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Nod to My Love of Chocolate...

It's one of my long-time guilty pleasures...dark chocolate. (And I'm sure MANY of you understand that love. :) ). So when I found a vintage chocolate pot image, as well as a vintage French chocolate label, I had to make up a little digi collage for a card...challenging myself to use non-traditional colors, and no dark brown anywhere.

There's a story behind the design of this card. A few weeks ago, I was on my phone, surfing the web...I wasn't home, and was killing time.  I did a search for "shabby chic pink green handmade cards" and started looking at blog photos. I ran across a pic of a card that I really liked...and promptly sketched it out on a small piece of paper, and wrote what I thought was the origin blog name (I know...the old fashioned way of doing things). Apparently, I didn't pay close enough attention, because I didn't write the name down correctly...and it was in another language.  Once I got home, I did a search of my bookmarked blogs, to no avail...and all I can remember is that maybe the blog is Polish(?). So, by chance, if this card looks familiar to you, and you happen to have the blog address of the wonderful crafter whose design I sketched and used, please let me know so I can give the proper credit where credit is due.

ETA: July 15 - Thank you to those who offered suggestions for the source of the original inspiration card. Although it wasn't any of those, I did add a couple new people to my favorites. :) I hadn't yet given up trying to find the elusive source, and it finally paid off...I found the blog in question!!  I happened over to the Vintage Cafe Card Challenge blog to look around, and there was my inspiration card a few challenges back.  Go to Irena's blog HERE to see the original that started it all...then be sure to look at all her other beautiful works of art. I just love her soft and shabby style!

So, here's the finished card, in pink, gold, and white...and no chocolate brown used. :)

I combined Prima paper roses, punched hydrangea flowers with clear crystal centers, white die cut leaves, and a couple handmade pearl wire spirals for the corner cluster...


to make the decorative edges along the four sides of the image, I combined the decorative sides of two different Spellbinders tag dies...

Suppplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park Be Mine collection (pink); MyMindsEye Miss Caroline/Fiddlesticks
collection (gold stripe)
Spellbinders dies: Fancy Tags 1 & 3     Paper roses: Prima     Paper hydrangeas: Martha Stewart punch
Paper leaves: My Favorite Things Royal Leaves die     Pearls: Recollections
Miscellaneous: Handcrafted pearl wire spirals, Wilton doily
Digi collage elements: French chocolate label, chocolate pot w/flowers, teacup/saucer: The Graphics Fairy;
Butterflies: Dover Publications; Pink flowers (corner): vintageimages.org


Wishing all a wonderful Independence Day holiday tomorrow! We're attending our annual neighborhood get-together at the end of the street, so I'm off to the kitchen to whip up a dessert contribution...made with chocolate, of course. :)

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

5 comments:

  1. Could it be karola Witczak? She designs for Prima or at least did in 2011. They have 2 other \polish girls as well.

    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely image, beautiful flowers, sweet colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely and enchanting card !!! I have seen such cards , but don't remember where , but you could try : Wenches Kort og papir or Mariannes papirverden or Inger Harding .

    Love, Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dark chocolate, too...mmmm! And , this card is scrumptious as dark chocolate! Very lovely focal point, cluster of flowers, and dies used! Such a beautiful card...love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...