Monday, April 16, 2012

A Lovely (Mon)Day...

Are you a Monday person? For years, I was far from it...it was always the hardest day of the week for me when I worked in a profession that required long hours in an office. Weekends were spent trying to unwind, but all too soon it was time to rewind for another week. It wasn't until I left that lifestyle after an illness and move that I realized I didn't really want to get back in that routine.  Mondays are different now...every week, it's like a little "restart" button...a whole new perspective on things.

And it was a more productive week in the Korner last week. But thanks to the wind/hail/rain weather routine we had going on, I had to wait until the weekend for enough light for photos.

So even though it was hard to tell by the rain and hail outside, spring was in the air while this first card was under construction...


The layered flower started with a piece of cheesecloth, topped with a pink fabric rose from Frogfeathers on Etsy, a tea-stained Hug Snug bow,a pink felt flower made of small die-cut felt hearts, and a couple Prima flowers with a little touch of clear glitter...


Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park This & That Graceful collection (damask and aqua dot);
Sassafras Sweetly Smitten collection (floral); MyMindsEye A Beautiful Life collection (yellow)
Edge punch: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace      Fabric leaves, paper flowers: Prima
Sheer ribbon: local craft store      Hug Snug seam binding      Stick pins: Maya Road
Fabric flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Sentiment chip: Spellbinders Labels 20
Heart dies and sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink       Miscellaneous: Cheesecloth, pink felt

Next up is a lacy little number using some new scalloped lace that I realized matched the scallop size for all my Spellbinders Edgeabilities...another accidental happy crafty discovery!


Ahhh....there are those Prima roses again...did I ever mention that I really like them? :)



and a peek at the inside...

Supplies:
Patterned paper: Crate Paper Random collection      Scalloped Lace: The Funkie Junkie on Zibbet.com
Spellbinders Classic Triple Scallop Edgeabilities & Labels 22 dies
Dotted ribbon: local craft store      Pearls: Recollections      Paper doily: Wilton
Paper roses: Prima      Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts

I'll be back soon with pics of more of last week's creations...thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...