Thursday, March 29, 2012

Creative minds often think alike...

I almost didn't post this card...and in a minute, maybe you'll understand why I was hesitant to post it without some background.  :)

I had the good fortune last week to meet an old friend of my husband's who stopped to visit during his trip to the states. Dear husband happened to mention my little "card addiction," and...well, suffice it to say, a nice number of my handmade cards are now about to travel overseas to Europe to new owners...yay!  I had to work fast to replace cards for my little Etsy shop, as well as for my personal "set-aside" stash.  What a happy predicament for a crafter, hmmm?

So I quickly started "card-lifting" some of my previous card designs and making new cards. I was able to make 4 new cards and modify 2 already made, and get all 6 photographed and into my little online shop.  Three more were nearly complete, and waiting for a sunny day to photo. After the frenzy, I was creatively blank...so I headed over to The Shabby Tea Room on Tuesday for a little bit of inspiration, knowing there was a new weekly challenge posted...and a pretty one it is:


The challenge is to use lilac, blue, yellow, and brown, and include a butterfly.  And I looked over to one of the cards I had completed, but not yet photographed, and what do I see?


Pretty perfect, hmmm?  I had even "shabbied" up the edges of the card by applying a heavy dusting of white ink around the edges, and tea-staining the sentiment tag.  LOL  All well and good, except that one of the wonderful designers created a card based on the challenge that looked so similar in layout that it could appear that I simply took her design and copied it for my card...and yet my card was sitting on my work table completely done except for the sentiment tag before I laid eyes on the challenge on the site.  So I guess this is truly a case of creative minds thinking alike!

I do like this color combo, so it's back to the drawing board to make another card to enter for this week's challenge at TSTR.  It's another cloudy day here...pretty condusive to hanging out in the Korner and creating!

Here are some other detail pics of today's card:



Supplies:
Patterned papers: My Minds Eye A Beautiful Life collection (dotted lilac/blue); Basic Grey Kioshi
collection (floral print); Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection (yellow)
Spellbinders Labels 23 and Grand Labels 23
Chipboard frame: Tattered Angels      Laces: local craft stores      Paper flower & leaves: Prima
Fabric flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Butterfly punch & clear coarse glitters: Martha Stewart
White ink: Tsukineko Versa Color      Sentiment stamps: Fiskars ("with love"), Papertrey Ink: ("Mother")
Tag edge punch: EK Success       Hug Snug seam binding      Misc: cheesecloth and machine stitching
    
Have a great day...and thanks for stopping by for a visit!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...