Monday, February 13, 2012

For Any Reason or No Reason at All...

During the past couple weeks, I took some time off from working with paper to working on my computer for a bit, playing with some new-to-me techniques. I'm not a digital scrapbooker or cardmaker, because I can't give up the fun of playing with papers and dimensional embellishments. But I decided it was high time I catch up and learn a little bit more...which then led to using some of that newly found knowledge to create some new embellishments for cards...which finally led to reorganizing and backing up files on my hard drives...and before I knew it, a week had gone by and I hadn't pushed a piece of paper around once!

But mid-week, I got busy with the papers again, and now I have some more goodies to share with you.

To start, here's an all occasion card - no sentiment, just a card for any reason, or no reason at all. :)



Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Sassafras Sweetly Smitten collection (floral); K&Co Ancestry collection (green)
Background paper, label text, flower urn clipart on embellishment chip:  The Graphics Fairy
Laces: LittleRedCottage on Etsy & local craft store      Pink pearl flourishes: Prima
Spellbinders Labels 8 dies      Hug Snug seam binding
Handcrafted stick pin      Button and twine: stash

Next up for today, something a little different. Using an 8x10 paper gift bag, I embellished the bag and a matching gift tag card.  I decided to make the tag in a card format so the recipient could easily reuse the bag and tag by cutting off the back of the card tag at the top fold (where I would write my to/from message) and still have a useable tag with a blank back for them to use a second time to a new recipient. (hope that makes sense! :) )  The tag is approximately 3"W x 5"H.  The first set turned out so well I made two more to put in the Etsy shop.

Here's how the purple set turned out:




Supplies-Tag Card:
Floral clipart: The Graphics Fairy      Patterned Paper (tag): Basic Grey Oh Baby! collection
Lace "doily": cut from lace yardage from Little Red Cottage on Etsy      Pearl: Recollections
Felt rose: My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Roses die      Hug Snug seam binding
Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities       EK Success Abstract Flower edge punch
Supplies-Gift Bag:
Floral clipart: The Graphics Fairy      Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Rectangle die
Looped paper trim: Martha Stewart Infinite Loops Trim punch 
Sheer ribbon and button: local craft store      Hug Snug seam binding     Pearl/lace flourishes: Prima


 

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous giftset , Kathy !!! Beautiful lace doilie and crocheted flower too !

    Hugs, Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Perfume card!! I'm guessing you made the digital card on there??? you need to make more of those cards and list them on etsy. I want one! :) (the card itself and the digital cards LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...