Sunday, February 26, 2012

Butterfly and Roses...

I recently found a package of K&Co diecuts in my stash...it hasn't even been that long since I purchased them, and still I forgot I had them. (I now have a basket devoted solely to recently-purchased goodies so this doesn't happen again - once I "put them away" in a somewhat misguided attempt at neatness, I tend to forget they're there!)

The diecuts are a printed chipboard, but I still had to do some embellishment.  A little Distress Ink for coloring, a light coating of clear coarse glitter...and yet it still looked "unfinished" to me. So I took a clue from the shapes on the piece itself, and covered the flower shapes with felt roses, the leaf shapes with paper leaves, the butterfly with a patterned paper butterfly, added a couple small bows and a pearl, and now it was ready to adorn a card.




Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Be Mine collection (pink), Echo Park For the Record collection (kraft & blue pattern)
Crochet trim: LittleRedCottage on Etsy      Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities (bottom edges)
Chipboard Diecut: K&Co Flora & Fauna Silhouette      Leaves: Prima      Pearls: Recollections and Prima
Hug Snug seam binding      Felt Roses: My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Roses die

I'll be back in a couple days with pics of a set of floral Easter cards made at the request of a friend...I'm having lots of fun with spring cards these days. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. Great card. I like the recount of adding the extra elements to jazz it up...turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...