Sunday, January 15, 2012

Soft and Shabby...

Sometimes, when making cards, I pull embellishments first, then pull papers and punches to show off the embellishments.  This makes the process pretty quick, since it's then just a matter of arranging the decorations on the card fronts, then cutting papers to fit beneath them.

Instead, last week, I reversed the process, and pulled sets of patterned papers first...then went on the hunt through the Korner to find embellishments to go with the papers. When I was done, I realized I'd pulled all soft-and-shabby papers - guess I'd set my style right there.  But there's where the card-making process can slow down...because sometimes I don't already have the embellishments on hand that I have "in my head."  That means I need to get busy and get creative with my crafting supplies and make what I want.  So out come the die cutting machines, the glitters, the boxes of beads, and chipboard, and inks, and paints, and glues...and hours later I might be ready to start the construction of the cards - but I sure have lots of messy fun in the meantime! 

To start, here's a little pretty for no particular reason...just to say "Hello"...




Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection      Chipboard Frame: Tattered Angels
Fabric Rolled Flower: Creative Imaginations      Doily: Wilton      Pearls: Recollections
Jute Fringe Trim: Frogfeathers on Etsy       Braided Cotton Lace: LittleRedCottage on Etsy 
Hug Snug seam binding      Grey Crochet Trim: Maya Road      Jute twine: Darice

Finally, for today, a fun little number using a Crafty Secrets vintage image...another "non-traditional" Valentine, perhaps?  The chipboard frame was made using Spellbinders Labels 20 dies.



Supplies:
Patterned Papers: MyMindsEye  A Beautiful Life collection (floral and dotted),
Pink Paislee Nantucket collection (green)
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 20      Punches: EK Success (abstract flower) edge punch, Fiskars corner rounder
German Glass Glitter: GlitterandKitsch on Etsy      Vintage Image: Crafty Secrets     
Hug Snug seam binding      Fabric Leaf & White Lace/Pearl piece: Prima      
Mini Roses: Prima from LayoutsFromTheHeart on Etsy      Copper Heart: stash     
Lace: May Arts (tea dyed after purchase)      Handcrafted Stick Pin

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend...is football tuned on all tv's in your home, too? I'll admit to being glued to the tv yesterday while the 49'ers were playing!   We're supposed to get a bit of welcome rain here this week after a *very* dry holiday season. (Just another reason to "hole up" in my little Korner for some crafting fun!)


   

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are incredible! Found your blog on the Pod. :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...