Thursday, January 12, 2012

Red, White, and Blue...Who Knew?

Here are the last of the cards made over the Christmas holiday break.  I was having so much fun creating in colors other than Christmas colors, and with the warmer weather we've had over the last few weeks, it's hard to remember that winter is still the current season!  I keep reaching for spring color combos lately.

This first card came together without much advance planning, and when it was done, I realized that I'd made a Valentine in red, white, and blue...who knew?  But it didn't start that way. I started with the pale blue Echo Park patterned papers, and then decided to add a red scalloped piece just as an accent.  But the red accents kept multiplying...and when I added the white and cream lace accents...well, let's just say I had to add that pretty light green Prima fabric leaf to break up the color pattern a bit! LOL



Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park and Basic Grey      Edge Punch: EK Success Diamond Lace
Laces: craft store (lower edge)  and LittleRedCottage on Etsy (top edge)
Hearts: Papertrey Ink dies, Echo Park patterned papers      Fabric leaf: Prima     Sentiment Stamps: Hero Arts
Fabric flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Felt rose: MyFavoriteThings Mini Rolled Rose dies
Pearl: Recollections      Hand dyed Hug Snug seam binding      Handcrafted stick pins

And last but not least, two more all-occasion mini cards (3-1/2"W x 5"H) using images from Made by Janet on Etsy...I love the teacups (I've been calling these "the teacup twins").  I added just a small touch of clear glitter to the teacup handles and bases to accent them, and surrounded the images with pearls and laces.



Supplies:
Teacup images: MadebyJanet on Etsy      Patterned Papers: Pink Paislee Nantucket collection (aqua),
Sassafras Secretly Smitten collection (yellow), Echo Park Be Mine collection (music)
Lace: LittleRedCottage on Etsy (scalloped), local craft store (white small flower)
Hand dyed Hug Snug seam binding      Pearls: Prima


Hope you have a wonderful weekend...I'll be back next week with photos of a few more new creations that came out of the Korner this week!    


2 comments:

  1. Those teacup cards are gorgeous , Kathy !!!

    Hugs, Rosa
    I also made some things in the holiday and I should begin blogging again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Love Penny
    http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...